Monday, September 19, 2016

Rehearsal 9/20/16

HI All,
  On Tuesday we will finish reading the rest of the tunes for the concert and begin detailing the other music.  Still to read are:
America Forever March
The Homefront
Armed Forces Salute

  There are many solo's in this concert.  While I want to share the wealth and make sure that everybody gets a chance at a solo it they want, there are a few solo's that I want to be able to select the soloist.  This is mostly to match the soloist to the sound I want to create.  The following solos I will audition, while the rest can be decided among the sections:

Flutes - Star 3-12, Journal for a soldier 44-50, Eternal Father 29-38
Clarinet - Journal for a soldier 44-50
Alto Sax - Eternal Father 29-38
Trumpet - At Dawn they slept 61-71, Eagles Flight 126-133

I will do these audition after rehearsal on next week.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

See you Tuesday night.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment